Our Care Services
What is "At Home Care"?
At-home care from Harmony Home Care, now BrightStar Care is an established full-time care at-home service that allows you or your loved ones, to stay at their home in relaxed and familiar surroundings with a level of one-on-one support that’s incomparable.
Providing companionship, personal care and housekeeping it is a direct alternative to residential care that will empower you to retain independence and control.
Our care services are customized to fit the needs of our individual client and their families, but they generally fit into one more of the following categories:
- Reduce the risk of falls
- Dressing & Bathing Assistance
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping and Meal Preparation
- Engagement with Social Activities
- Exercise and Movement Assistance
- Assistance with Hobbies and Pet Care
- Bathing (all levels including bed baths)
- Incontinence and Personal Hygiene
- Meal preparation
- Monitor food and fluid intake
- Monitor Medication intake
- Shopping, Errands, and Transportation
- Laundry and Bed Linens
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
- Convalescent Care
- Post-Surgical Care
- Incontinence Care and Toileting
- High Acuity (non-medical support)
- Palliative Care (non-medical support)
- Hospice Care (non-medical support)
Care Plan Designed to Fit Your Needs
Your professional caregiver works with you to meet your personal needs and wishes, following our custom designed support plan that we put together during your initial assessment in conjunction with those that are familiar with your existing routines and needs.
Care is arranged on your terms and we design it to meet your existing meal preferences and eating times, hobbies and naps, as well as established medication and care routines. And as your need changes, our one-on-one care has the flexibility to change with you.
A Good Plan & the Right Person
Our experiences have shown us that finding the right person to support you is the single most important factor to get right. We take great care in taking steps to provide you with the most appropriate caregiver that meets your requirements.
It may be that you need:
- a caregiver with certain levels of experience and/or specialist training
- a caregiver that can drive
- a choice of female or male caregivers to support your personal care needs
- someone who shares your hobbies or interests
- a caregiver who’s comfortable looking after your pets
We do thorough assessments and screenings and only hire highly skilled, professional people that are from the top 5% of the market. We only hire people we would trust to care for our own parents.